Knight Knox Ltd provides property services to individuals and organisations. In order to carry out these services and day-to-day operations, the company may need to collect, share and store data about those individuals and organisations.
Knight Knox Ltd is the controller for personal information we process, unless otherwise stated.
- how we obtain information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you (“Personal Data”)
- the types of personal data we collect
- the reasons we process your personal data
- the rights you have relating to your personal data
- who we may share your personal data with
- our legal bases for processing your personal data
Data Protection Officer
Our address is: Knight Knox Ltd, Quay West, Trafford Wharf Road, Manchester M17 1HH, United Kingdom
Our Data Protection Officer is Samantha Jones. You can contact her at [email protected] or using the postal address above.
You have the following rights to your personally identifiable information according with the GDPR. Please note that we will only comply to the extent required to by law and, if it is legally required to keep your details the way they are, we will be unable to comply with your requests.
The vast majority of personal information that we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You have enquired about one of our services
- You have attended or requested tickets to attend one of our events
- You contact us over email, telephone or social media
- You have subscribed to our email newsletter
- You have applied for a job with us
- You represent an organisation which we work with or wants to work with us
- You have made an enquiry about a property or service through one of our marketing providers, or through one of our developers
- You have purchased one of our properties through a third party agent
- A friend or relative has referred you to us
- One of our employees gave your contact details as an emergency contact or referee
What information do we collect?
- Identity Data including first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data including address, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details.
- Purchase Data including details about payments to and from you, and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data including IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing preferences indicating whether you would be interested in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Why do we use your information?
- Assisting you in identifying suitable properties
- Processing your reservation of a property
- Protecting agents and preventing fraud
- Providing and communicating our services
- Operating and improving our website and other online services
- Assessing and processing your application for a job
- Complying with legal obligations
Email tracking / open / click / views / read
- Your data rights
To exercise any of these rights, please contact [email protected].
You have the right of access to your personally identifiable information that we hold. This includes:
If you think that information we hold on you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request that we rectify it.
If you no longer consent to us holding your information, you may request that we delete all of your details from our systems. However, we may have legal obligations which mean we are unable to delete some or all of your details.
Right of access
- Why we have your details
- What we do with your data
- Who has access to your personal details
- Where we may transfer your details
- What types of data we have
- How long we intend to keep your data and why
- Whether we use your data for profiling and automated decision making
- What security measures we have taken if we store your data in a different country or with an international company
Right to rectification
You have the right to request any information you believe to be incorrect be rectified.
Right to erasure
You have the right to request your data be erased.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we stop using your data in a particular way, for instance for marketing purposes.
You have the right to ask us for a copy of data that you have provided to us, in order to transfer it to another organisation.
Who do we share your details with?
We share your details with selected service providers who help us to provide our services to you. These companies are as follows:
Amazon Web Services
Google Tag Manager
We only retain your personal information for as long as necessary for businesses purposes. Personal data no longer required is destroyed securely.
We process your information under one or more of the following bases:
When you request information from us, join our newsletter, or purchase a property you request your clear and unambiguous consent to us processing your personal details for this purpose.
We will process and use your personal details to fulfill our contractual obligations so we can provide you with your requested products and services.
We will process and use your personal details to carry out and improve our products and services, send you marketing communications, risk assessment, fraud prevention, suppression and opt out of communications, web analytics, cloud storage and backup.
Lawful basis for processing
- Your consent
- Contractual obligations
- Legitimate interests
- Compliance with laws
We will process and use your personal details to comply with legal obligations under applicable laws.
Note that you may visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/ to learn about the options that some of the third parties we work with offer for opting out of certain ad targeting activities. You will need to visit those websites from each browser and device that you would like to be covered by your opt-out. Because the opt-out tools may depend on cookies, you may need to visit these sites again to reinstate your preferences if you delete your cookies.
If you would like to raise a complaint over the way that Knight Knox processes your information, do so in the first instance to the Data Protection Officer, Samantha Jones, at [email protected].
If you are unsatisfied with the way your complaint is handled, you can contact your Country Data Protection Authority if applicable. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
We regularly revisit this policy and update it from time to time. This policy was last updated in January 2023.